The App provides a new custom field type for Jira which enables users to create a custom table with lots of features. This user-defined field allows the user to display and manage issue types based on the options selected. In the following example you can see a table containing different issues for a project of a finance department. This is extremely useful for users because it gives an overview of all issues, the status of issues, who is assigned to them and much more.
With this example of how such a table could look, you can see that IssueGrid feels like an Excel table within Jira. We will now proceed to look at the installation and further features of IssueGrid.
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons.
The Find new apps or Find new add-ons screen loads.
- Locate IssueGrid.
- Click Free trial to download and install your app.
- You're all set!
Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
Creating IssueGrid field
- Select Apps in the Settings page and continue by opening IssueGrid Configuration
- Click on 'Add New Field'.
- Name your IssueGrid custom field and provide a description, if required.
It is important that you also configure the field, otherwise the field will not be shown.
Configuring a IssueGrid field
Step by step - IssueGrid Context Configuration
Edit Context Configuration
- Click on the gear icon to configure the field
Edit Scheme Context
- Project Context - Select project in which this field will be shown
- Issue Context Types - Select Issue Types in which this field will be shown
Define Table Content
JQL Filter - Table content will be generated from the defined filter. Only Issues matching the JQL filter will be shown.
Pick a Field - Add fields which should be displayed in the table
Number of Issues - Limit the number of Issues displayed per page
Enable Paging - If the issues exceed the above limitation, the table will have multiple pages
Further Table Functionalities
Calculate - Numbers will be added up and displayed
Force Two Decimal Places- Numbers are rounded up to two decimal places
- Use as Reference - Editing the field will be prohibited
- Freeze Until - Column until selected field will always be displayed
- Right Align - Align text to the right
- Number of Issues - Determines how many issues will be displayed in the table
- Group by - Issues will be grouped by a selected field
- Override - If checked, users who don't have access to certain issues in the table will also be able to see them.
- Paging - Enables/disables pages
- Enable - Option to enable or disable the table