The Issue layout is the framework that lets you decide how your panels will be arranged and represented in the UI whenever a new Issue is created, or existing Issues are modified or transitioned from one status to another.
- Select Layouts in the sidebar on the left.
A list of all available layouts will be displayed.
- Click Add Layout in the top right corner.
This will open the "Configuration" page.
- Enter a name for the new layout.
- Select one of the three page layouts.
- Choose if the project sidebar should be shown as default or should be hidden.
- Choose whether you want to use the default header or a custom header.
- Insert the desired panels from the list on the right hand side of the page. (Panels overview)
Defines how the Issue is laid out. You can select between three different page layouts.
Displays the header of an Issue. This is configurable and the header fields can be set by an admin. To configure, simply go to 'Layout', 'edit layout' and then 'custom'. A pop-up appears in which you can select what should be displayed in the header.
Custom header configuration
You have the option to hide the project sidebar so that the layout only contains the Issue information. To configure, go to 'Layouts' then 'add' or 'edit layout' and select 'Hide Sidebar'.
Activating the comment panel will display the custom comments panel in the Issue. You can display comments as a separate pop-up window. The count on the right shows you how many comments the Issue has. To configure go to 'Layouts' then 'add' or 'edit layout' and move the Comments pop-up panel in the Sidebar field.
Column and Sidebar
In the Columns and Sidebar you can use panels to display certain information from the Issue. Further information on panels can be found on our Panels page.