Installation & Licensing
- Log into your Jira instance as an administrator.
- Click the user icon.
- A dropdown appears, now choose Atlassian Marketplace. The 'Find new add-ons' screen loads.
- Locate vProject Archiver via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click on 'Try free' to begin a new trial or on 'Buy now' to purchase a license for vProject Archiver. You'll be prompted to log into MyAtlassian if you're logged out. The vProject Archiver app begins to download.
- Enter your information and click on 'Generate license' when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click on 'Apply license'. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
This app will store the permission scheme which was used for the archived project in case the archived project has to be restored.
The app includes a configuration page, over the Addons section, where the archive permission scheme will be listed and storable. And an action page, over Projects, where the stored permission scheme will in it and setable over the 'Archive' button. If the 'Archive' button is pressed the selected permission scheme will be set on the single project and the button will be changed to 'Restore' with that you can restore the previous permission scheme on the project.
The Jira admin has to create an empty permission scheme by going to 'Administration settings' --> 'Issues' --> 'Permission schemes' --> 'Add permission scheme' and give a name. Editing of the permission scheme is not necessary.
For configuring the app you have to go to 'Administration settings' --> 'Add-ons' --> 'vProject Archiver' --> 'Configuration'. Choose the permission scheme which you created a step before and save it.
- Now you can archive and restore your Project, by selecting a single project and go into the project settings. Go into the 'Archive project' and confirm the archivation with click on the 'Archive' button.
By restoring they will be set the previous permission scheme.
Set your Scheme
Configure your adapted permission scheme to save it as your Archiver.
The preconfigured scheme will be listed on the 'Set scheme' page, by switching on 'Add-ons'.
Choose your Scheme and 'Save' it to be ready for Archiving.
Archive your projects
With a few small and easy steps, you can archive your project.
For this, someone with the authority of a Project Admin has to click on 'Project setting' and choose 'Archive project'. The admin has to click on 'Archive' and it will be archived.
Restore project scheme
In case you falsely archived the project you can restore it immediately and the predecessored permission scheme will be choosen.
Have a better overview
With vProject Archiver you can archive projects that you don't need at that time. You have a better structure and overview in your Jira system. Except the Jira admin, no one can see all the archived projects.
Restore your archived Projects
If one of the archived projects will be needed, only the Jira admin can restore it.
To do this, the Jira admin has to go into the 'Jira Administration' area and click on 'Projects'.
All existing projects are listed there and the Jira admin has to choose the projects, which should be restored.
Click on 'Project settings' and choose 'Restore project'. The admin have to click on 'Restore' after that the project will be restored.
The app vProject Archiver offers you the possibility to archive your projects and keep the previous permission scheme. With the using of the app you have a revision-proof storage of your projects.
It provides you the access of the projects any time you need it. This gives a fast availability of information.